Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Noticing a trend here...

The trend being lack of sleep... seriously.
I mean, there's something to be said about being invited to cool things with cool people and then realizing you promised other cool things with other cool people the next day... so the one thing that suffers is sleep, gah!
The weekend was pretty wonderful though.
I hung out with Se on Friday - yep, been awhile eh? I checked in various types of communication to see how long it had been since we hung out and outside of running into each other this spring (which is why we hung out), it had been YEARS. Really.
To be honest, I was excited, like REALLY excited.
Here's a girl who was my bff for so so so many years, almost half my life and to have someone not be there for awhile seems a bit off... We talked about stuff that we both went through and we totally get why there was those years apart - no big deal actually, which just goes to show, some people truly just 'work.'
We hung out all afternoon which turned into dinner, which turned into more drinks... gawd it was fun!
I can't even tell you how much laughing there was, and how many stories we had to catch up on, it was freaking hilarious.
After a lovely run the next morning, I headed off for a fantastic lunch and visit/shopping/walking around checking out the city - more fantastic friends, more fantastic weather. It's hard not to want to take advantage, especially since it was supposed to rain.
I managed to get home and have about 1/2 hour of downtime before the gala.
Now, this is apparently a biggy in the city... I got tix through a friend for quite cheap and so we dolled ourselves up and headed out.
I have to say - it was pretty amusing. You see a few 'characters' from one of the Real Housewives shows from this fair city, mixed in with some other people around the same calibre, and then I realize I know some of them... and it's open bar, a crapload of food and amazing entertainment. I made some fun new friends and had a fabulous time before leaving to another party where me and my friend were slightly overdressed... ha!
Waking up the next day was difficult, though the fact that I only had a couple of drinks (to the shock and aw of my friend who I went with... yes, I can actually go to and event with an open bar and NOT get drunk...) helped. Lack of sleep kills me though. Training, then last min bbq party... awesome way to end a Sunday eve, even though I didn't get home til way after my bedtime... yikes...
Again, though I'm complaining a tad... cause I'm still tired... I can't. I honestly had such a great weekend and have another one ahead that is going to be just as packed as I'm now adding more activities to it than I initially intended, ha!
Ah... love this city :)

No comments:

Post a Comment