Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's been a long time...

I was trying to remember the last time I was there... it may have been when I lived there...
I flew down for an extra long weekend to the beautiful sandy beaches of Cali with Brenda anticipating a relaxing weekend, and well, we did. We had SUCH a fabulous time. I think the only bad thing I could possibly complain about was the weeeeee hangover we had after I kinda got us both a tad plastered during 'happy hour' one night, ha!
The beaches are amazing, we stayed in a modest place in the BEST location you could ever ask. We walked the first day for hours and had drinks at the next beach up the street, all swanky and fun. People were so friendly and I loved how casual everyone was. Granted, it is Cali :) I miss dressing like that, unfortunately it's not quite sunny enough here often enough to get to wear those types of things all the time. What I totally forgot about was the accents, too funny!
There were almost no tourists where we were, which was interesting. Everyone we spoke to and made brief friends with assumed we lived in the area. That was kind of amusing seeing as well, I'm BRIGHT white at the best of times. I guess there always is sunscreen... :)
Anyways, it was beyond fabulous. I've done a few little small trips with Brenda before, and really, this was no different. She's very fun and we just had fun. The pubs were amusing, the atmosphere was just incredible and it was one of those things where I wouldn't change a thing about the weekend.
Just enough beach time, just enough walking around and exploring time. Just enough amazing restaurants to try and fun lounges and pubs and random people to meet and hang out with.
We rented bikes one day and biked up the coast on their version of our 'seawall' which totally kicked our's ass! Amazing - granted, more space too.
It was so needed.
I think I'd like to have more of those types of get-a-ways - even if it's not as long, it's really nice to just go away for a weekend.
I think we all need a break every once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment