Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And the sun comes out again

Trip booked, though just a small one, a very very needed one. I find that I tend to fit a whole lotta stuff into a weekend - usually fun stuff, actually who am I kidding, it's always fun, just sometimes very tiring.
I spent this weekend out visiting, getting random drunken texts from someone who never drunk texts me (which made me laugh to myself as I sat there watching a movie after coming home from a late dinner trying to figure out how to reply - long story in itself), then woke up to play in the sunshine all day. I love that my weekends have consisted of more outdoor activities, running in the mountains, hanging out at the beach, a few patios scattered here and there.... a wedding (last weekend), a wedding shower (the last couple of weekends...), and various other celebrations including a couple of going away parties for friends moving across the country to friends moving across the pond.
It's exhausting, yet feels good. There's so much going on and this weather makes you appreciate just a little bit more how lucky we are to live here.
My friend who recently moved across the pond sent me a walking diary of a night out in the city. It was amusing. The fun thing about having all the apps on our phones is free connectivity whereas the costs involved with sending video on a text could be quite high... yet a short video via data/wifi is almost free :) So, a walking commentary as I'm sitting at my desk was pretty sweet - so in exchange, I walked along the water and did a video of the city with the mountains in the background... she'll be back, eventually, maybe... but it's always nice to put on a bit of a show for someone who you miss to show them what they are missing out on. Hee hee :)
So the rest of the weekend was amusing. A friend and I spent an interesting eve at a party where randomly weird people were being, well, randomly weird. Tell me if you'd go up to someone you know and just start quietly ranting about the person they were talking to? Seriously - people are odd! This one in particular... needless to say - we made our appearance and the highlight of our evening is watching the crazy unfold while making friends with the only non-crazy who happens not to be specifically part of the crowd... interesting :) Oh and sushi dinner earlier, we do love us some sushi!
Summer has been trying on and off to make a comeback in our fair city, so waking up in the sunshine super early for a training run/workout in the mountains was actually pretty fun! I haven't done this in a couple of weeks due to other engagements and trips out of the city - so I was anticipating a bit of a harsh workout... and I wasn't disappointed. My calves are still sore (nothing to do with the sports last night, I'm sure, lol!), and my body feels like it's been hit with a mac-truck. Awesome.
The sun was out and peaking through the trees, while running carrying our random rocks etc, we'd hit pockets of hot air, then cold, then hot again - before jumping in the river to cool us all down and wipe off all the mud we had acquired from an earlier 'station.' I do love this and I'll miss this training once the event is over in a few weeks. Oh well, back to long trail runs!
An invite for patio lunch (yes!) after cleaning up and another afternoon in the sun spent watching the tourists and other weekend wanderers walking along the seawall trying to enjoy as much of this weather as humanly possible. We sat there enjoying our lunch watching the tourists taking videos of their children doing... well nothing...
Later, I head to the rainycity family's place for more patio time, a huge incredible dinner and slowly waiting for the sun to set.
Busy, yet satisfying.
Two more work days and I get my mini-break though... cause there's nothing like leaving one sunshiney place for another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment