Monday, May 13, 2013

Great friends, great times!

A huge celebration was had by a few of us who were happily toasting a move that was stressful beyond stressful - quite honestly, a time in my life I NEVER want to re-live again (knock on wood), but we can look back on and just vent and breathe a sigh of relief.
We walked out of our old boss, our old firm, one year ago, and while my home-life (literally) was in shambles, we were focussed at doing what we do best, use the stress to get to where we want to be.
We worked tirelessly for hours and days and weekends and nights and months trying to accomplish a goal that we're getting close to... only a bit of money out :) I think we'll be at our goal soon, but the clock is ticking... my way of dealing - easy, get more education, but we'll chat about that in a sec.
We toasted with champagne with our little team and talked about the past and what and who we had to overcome to get to where we are. We have SO much potential and though the firm sees it, it took awhile for us to feel even slightly comfy with that we have accomplished.
Walking out is never easy - being walked out is REALLY not fun. I've now had both. But it is what it is, it's the industry we are in and though it's not simple, by any means, we all go through these changes to help us move forward in what we do. I love the people I work with. The amount of education I've received working with these individuals way out-does anything I thought I'd receive  I wouldn't change  my previous work-life for anything, and it helped me to get where I am, and I'm grateful for the moves I have made, however painful they have been.
We toasted, we drank, we bitched, we laughed, we headed to the place where it all started, when we were told we were moving. We drank and ate more, we headed for dinner. We left.
I chatted with a guy... another story for another time.
I slept in SO much Saturday (keep in mind, that's like 9am for me...) and had a lovely day ahead of visiting friends outside the city. It was cute - I can't tell you how many times my friend said to me: I'm SO happy you came out, I'm so grateful you made the trip. It makes ya warm and fuzzy inside, plus, I don't see this person as much as I'd like. I've made such great friends in the past few years in strangely various ways, and a lot of them have moved away for some reason or another. She's a short plane ride away, another a further plane ride away and the one I celebrated with Saturday night is a VERY long plane ride away.
The only nice thing now is more reasons to travel :)
Saturday night was fun - I met some amazing people and had a blast with some old, some new. I was out too late and managed to push off any idea of a hangover as I 'fake' drank my way through the eve... I think I ended up having a pitcher of water to myself with lime, ha!
After calling/texting all the moms, I got in a brutal workout, that I'm STILL tired and sore over, then shopping with a lovely friend before crashing on the couch.
More sleep would be nice, but then again, that's what this long weekend coming up is for :)
I'll be saying another goodbye tonight to a friend leaving, which is also bittersweet, and well, it makes me miss those I don't see that often, but also grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life, abroad and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment