Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy

I have had such a great couple of weeks. I'm going to blame the sun and just overall having great friends.
Last week I had a couple of patio nights that were just superb. There's nothing like meeting up with a friend, at 4:30... and realizing at 9:30, that's it's 9:30. Seriously, we both thought it was 7:30, ha! Awesome eve. We hung out in the downtown core on top of buildings which are glorious and you feel like you're in some sort of snobby tv show (ok, one of the real housewives shows was shot at the last one we were on.... ha!), and great company and amazing food... omg, I could just go on and on!
The next night I get a text as I'm getting ready for a run... 'guac and chips? I have chocolate...'
Wicked. So, my friend who's leaving at the end of the month to the UK to move in with her fiance and also to move jobs for 2 years (her Ceo of Canada and the one in the UK both agreed it would be a great move for her and the company for a couple of years... how amazing is that???)
So... tequila and catching up and more chatting and a HUGE bill later... another late night. gah.
Fortunately thursday was low-key. A short run and  mini-catch up with my Thursday running partner was perfect before flopping in front of the tv for the rest of the night.
Friday was super unexpected and fun - hung out with girls from the office who I don't know well. We ended up on another patio right after work and patio hopped for the eve.
Woke up REALLY early saturday and went for a lovely run in the mountains before everyone woke up - ha! The parking lots were totally overflowed and down the street into the main entrance by the time I left. Love that for timing.
I had friends from out of town visiting, so met up with them later and they all came over and I have to say  - it was quite cute. There were 5 of them, of which ALL of them had kids, some 1, some 2, some 3. The one girl mentioned that walking into my place was like that movie: Sliding Doors - from years ago. She said it was like what would have happened if she took a different path, it was exactly how she pictured her own little place in the city. Very cute compliment. They also noted after I left (as told by the friend I saw sunday), they all found it hilarious that I'd happily invited 5 people to my place without notice... cause it's always clean-ish  and they have kids EVERYWHERE. Too cute!
Stagette that night... so fun. Seriously seriously seriously fun :)
Sunday - training, cleanup, and a lovely day on the beach checking out randoms.
Fantastic.
And this week so far hasn't been too different - Sports out in the sunshine, patio day in the sunshine and more to come this weekend before the rain takes over Saturday, gah! Love rainycity for many things, but going from 28 celcius to 15 and sunshine to rain in a week kinda sucks.
BUT... at least here are fun things to look forward to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment