The sun that is, and all sorts of fun that comes with it.
Between many many lawnbeers and patio catchups, there are movies in the park with fun friends and weekend mini-vacations with fabulous people.
To be honest, at times it's too busy - too overwhelming. To have something planned for every weekend, which both satisfies my type-a personality and stresses me out when I realize I haven't had a day to myself in weeks... so that's now been scheduled too :) Fortunately, my extroverted self enjoys doing nothing with others. A bunch of us went away to a friend's parent's place which was overlooking a lake and the most we did one day was going boating with her cousins and shopping later followed up by pool and food and drinks. The rest of the time? Reading and swimming. Sweet. I currently have a bunch of books I want to read, so managed to lightly tan myself while taking dips in the pool to cool off and then... that's right, more food and booze. I honestly felt like I was at a swanky B&B - ah, that is the life :)
Then, the same can be accomplished at home, on a beach, with friends, relaxing and reading and eating and drinking - without the pool, but the weather is still fucking kick-ass.
And the visitors. I've now had three sets of friends come out from the UK to visit myself and others this summer. Others came out from out east, others only as far as the Rock I grew up on.
I'm not used to this - but I'm loving ever moment. I'm not used to so much sunshine that makes you want to be outside doing something ALL the time. I've succeeded in getting one early morning run in weekly, for the past 4 weeks now - the early jog across the bridge looking down the quiet calm ocean is really rejuvenating and keeps me going for the day. I've managed to hit a ton of patios, catching up with so many great people and experiencing a few new things I haven't done yet in this fair city.
Work has been UBER busy - with everyone on holidays, my workload has doubled in the past couple of weeks, but it's been a nice, VERY nice way of making the days move that much faster.
And what's missing? boy -talk? Well, there's this and that nothing that's totally worth talking about at the moment... but we shall see :)
40 + days of sunshine with only one night of rain? I'll take it. Let's just hope it holds out til October... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment