Our city hit a record on Wednesday of the most days in a row of no rain... ever. 33 days. The first bit of rain actually fell last night, as far as I know - so technically it could be 34...
So in 34 days, the whole city has erupted into this big happy shiny place where everyone is out doing stuff. It's to the point where we all feel guilty being inside, since this is totally not the norm, even for summer, for us.
The clouds are out today and we are expecting some rain today and tomorrow - which is average. I ALMOST went for a run this morning, then peaked outside and saw dark clouds and figured another hour of sleep would be more fun :)
In 33 days, I have not ventured to my martial arts studio - which in itself makes me feel guilty, but the idea of working out inside on a day that's 25 +degrees (82 +ish f?) isn't worth it. I will have plenty of time when the rain starts to go back and enjoy what I love doing. But during? Runs, runs, hikes, mini workouts after such runs and hikes, ultimate frisbee - which helped to make up for it :)
Beach days.
Patio days.
Drinks, visiting, more drinks, more visiting.
Visitors from out of town, out of country - afternoons on the beach with friends, relaxing. Baby showers, wedding showers in back yards in the sunshine, everyone smiling and enjoying what's been going on.
I don't think I've honestly ever been invited to so many things in the past 33 days - ok, spring and summer. It's been amazing.
I haven't turned anything down unless I was already booked. My calendar started being booked up in May... Seriously, it's been a blast! It also might account for why a couple guys I had dated commented on how busy I was... well, if I liked them more, I would have cancelled. Too bad! The one I did like... well, seeing as he's away for a month, I guess we'll see how that goes when he's back... but he was just as busy as me - so no complaining from either side - maybe one of the reasons both of us were actually curious and possibly still are...
But meanwhile... beautiful eye-candy at ultimate. OMG- there are two guys in particular who are that strange mix of: holy-shit hottness and omg, isn't he nice???? the catches? One's from Europe and going back and we THINK (we being me and the other couple of girls on the team who can't help but drool every time we all see him.... unreal - sidenote - when he first played against our team, I commented to our captain that he was amazing and my captain replied: i know - his eyes are dreamy - we both laughed, his eyes are dreamy - like almost teal blue, with super dark hair - my fav combo!) he has a girlfriend, and well, he's like...12. Ok, maybe early 20's. Still, very young. And the other? I don't know enough yet about him, but 29 and originally from my hometown - he's one of those guys who likes getting people together - we all had a bbq the other night and watched the fireworks (Celeberation of Lights - 3 days of fabulous fireworks on the water - spectacular!) and everyone knew him from others etc etc etc - super fun. Super hot blue-eyed boy walked me home, that didn't suck. I hung out between the two of them during the fireworks and I told one of the girls on my team who couldn't make it that she REALLY missed out - she totally agreed and promised it wouldn't happen again! Ha!
I digress... big time...
This summer has been amazing so far.
The beach/sushi nights. The catching up, the relaxing - and more to come!
I'm off this weekend (It's called August Long - in Canada) to do what we do for August Longs - we're hitting a lake for another celebration. Drinks and lake and pool and friends from England, and just fun.
I can't wait!
Happy Summer to all of you too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment