Apparently I'm moving. It's one of those things where it hits me in pieces. I sold my furniture, it'll be a lot more empty in my place as of this week. I have so much to do. I have a list that seems to get bigger and bigger and every once in awhile it hits me, holy fuck, I'm leaving. I'm having a hard time seeing everyone before I go. I love my friends. I am going to miss them terribly. I'm trying here and there and I still have things to do - like preparing for my final interview/presentation. I have SO much work to do. I'm a bit freaked out. I'm now asking for help, cause I can't do this on my own. The interesting thing is that everyone assumes I'm ok. And I guess to a point, I am but I HATE HATE HATE asking for help. It's hard for me. It's funny, cause you sort of forget the fact that we're only human and it's ok to ask. So, I have. I realized the other day that I had nowhere to sleep after my bed sells, ha! So... where do I sleep? What about my extra stuff, where does it go since it won't all fit in my car? Oh, and I'm going to have no car!!!! Ha! it's a shitshow sometimes. I'm taking the bits of peace while I can. I've now been off work for a month and it doesn't even feel like a day. I have to say my stress level is better and yes Elmwood, you're right it just WILL happen. I will make it happen. I will make this presentation work. I will make this move happen. I will make this job happen. I will enjoy the help given and offered and be ok asking for more if need be. I will allow people to do things for me if offered and I will breathe.
Wow, what a month it's been!
Okay, you are doing fine and you will be great. Breath. Stuff is just stuff - seriously. As for where to sleep? Pick up an air mattress then give it away or sell it if you have time. Maybe some friends can store some stuff that you cant get rid of or don't want to part with at this point. Getting around won't be easy once your car is sold but can friends help with that or, if you don't have to go too far, transit or taxi. There is always a way. Not ideal, but there is a way. Again, stuff is just stuff and it can and will be replaced. You have what sounds like an incredible opportunity that if you had let it go, you would have regretted it.
ReplyDelete